How much do I feed?
We have dosages on the back of each product and they are the suggested amount to feed your animal.
If you feel that you are not seeing the results you would like you can safely increase your animals dosage to the next level. You are also welcome to call us at 425-818-0815 for more assistance.
HORSES: SUGGESTED DOSAGES
- UP TO 12.2 hh – 1 SCOOP DAILY
- 2 hh – 14.2 hh – 2 SCOOPS DAILY
- 2 hh – 15.2 hh – 3 SCOOPS DAILY
- 2 hh – 16.2 hh – 4 SCOOPS DAILY
- 2 hh AND ABOVE – 4-5 SCOOPS DAILY
DOG: SUGGESTED DOSAGES
- UP TO 11 lbs – ½ SCOOP PER DAY
- 11 lbs – 22 lbs – 1 SCOOP PER DAY
- 22 lbs – 44 lbs – 2 SCOOPS PER DAY
- 44 lbs – 66 lbs – 3 SCOOPS PER DAY
- 66 lbs – 88 lbs – 4 SCOOPS PER DAY
- 88 lbs AND ABOVE – 5 SCOOPS PER DAY
How long does each size of herb package last?
The horse herbs are bagged in one-month quantities, measured for the 1000-1100 lb horse.
For dogs the following applies:
CANINE DRY MIXES in a 4.4oz bag:
- Up to 11 lbs – ½ teaspoon per day (35 weeks)
- 11 lbs – 22 lbs – 1 teaspoon per day (19 weeks)
- 22 lbs – 44 lbs – 2 teaspoon per day (9 weeks)
- 44 lbs – 66 lbs – 3 teaspoon per day (6 weeks)
- 66 lbs – 88 lbs – 4 teaspoon per day (4-5 weeks)
- 88 lbs and above – 4-5 teaspoon per day (3-4 weeks)
How should I store my herbs?
It is important to keep all lids and caps tightly closed on your herbs and store the herbs in an area out of direct sunlight, humidity and extreme temperatures. Never store herbs in a plastic container that has been used for another product (i.e. kitty litter, dog food etc). This will weaken the herbs.
What is the shelf life on these herbs?
If stored correctly the herbs have up to 2 years shelf life.
How long does it take for the herbs to work?
The absorption time can vary from each horse, pony and dog, but on average it takes about 2-3 weeks for the dry herbs. Once the herbs are in the animal's system we recommend allowing an additional 4 weeks for the herbs to address the issue.
Will my horse or dog eat the herbs?
Most horses and dogs readily eat the herbs, but there are a few that shy from the herbs. We suggest adding the herbs to your animal's diet slowly. If you overwhelm them with too much at one time, they may be more reluctant to eat them. Start out with a pinch or small handful and build them up to the full dosage over a few days.
Can I mix several products?
In general there is no problem with mixing several of Chava Naturals' herbal mixtures. If you have any concerns about this please call and speak to our friendly and knowledgable staff.
Can the herbs cause allergic reactions?
An allergic reaction to an herbal mix is very rare, but it is possible. If your animal is going to have an allergic reaction it is most likely going to happen within 12-24 hours after you have started the mix. If you feel your animal is having a reaction to the herbs be sure to discontinue them immediately and contact Chava Naturals for further assistance.