The linden tree is known for its heart shaped leaves and sweet smelling flowers. Gentle and fragrant, the linden has been used for centuries in Europe before it came to the US. Flowers and leaves were originally used to uplift the spirit, soothe the nerves and relieve problems related with anxiety. It can also ease cramps and spasms, which is helpful with headaches/migraines, tight muscles and menstrual cramps.
- Relaxing nervine – helps to calm tension and irritability in the nervous system
- Anxiolytic – eases anxiety
- Antispasmodic – eases muscle cramping
- Hypotensive – assists in lowering blood pressure
- Vasodilator – helps to dilate blood vessels
- Demulcent – rich in mucilage which helps to soothe and protect tissues
- Diaphoretic – helps to promote perspiration
- Anti-inflammatory – eases inflammation
In Chinese Medicine, this lovely, gentle, heart opening herb is connected with summer. Its cooling and calming properties can be used to ease colds, flu and seasonal allergies. Because of its gentleness it is also great to use in children. Combined with lemon balm it soothes colds. As a mix with elder and hawthorn it will easy hyperactivity.
|Harmonious Horse Herb Mix||Mellow Girl Herb Mix|